PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Co-Pilot Instrument Rating
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2003, 21:08
ITCZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you VIS9999, for directing me to a document that has been familiar to me for 13+ years.

What is your point though? Is it cheaper than doing a full instrument rating?

One of the most irritating things about this forum is the shortsightedness of so many up and coming pilots.

If you are going to learn to do a thing, your first concern should be getting good skills. Cost is secondary, but good things don't come cheap. We have all been there, wanting to start flying training that will cost us $70k or more and the bank balance is close to zero.

"Quality remains long after the price is forgotten."

Also, exactly how many employers in the business in Oz are there that induct straight to the RHS? If you think that there are enough for you to get a start, then good luck kid, I wish you all the best. But if you don't have a foot in the door at such an operation, you might end up looking second-best.

A multi CIR is the professional qual. Single engine CIR are for PPLs, and Copilot IR is what you get when you are an FO whether you like it or not!!

Don't take my word for it. Start ringing up a few Chief Pilots at places you want to work for and see what they think. While you are at it, ask them who they think runs a decent CIR course.

Just so you don't get me wrong, VIS, i don't think you are a dill. I just think that restricting yourself to a CP IR would be a career limiting step.