PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More KC-46A woes....
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2016, 00:11
Lonewolf_50

Received 421 Likes on 263 Posts
Originally Posted by tdracer
Lonewolf, I used to work with a certain young lady when she hired into my group ~30 years ago as a fresh out of college engineer. Today, although not so young any more, she's a Boeing VP and heads up an entire Boeing facility. Recently I was discussing this individual with a female coworker who also worked closely with her back then. When I made a comment along line of how much better this individual had done that we had, my coworker responded that it all depends on what you want - and neither one of us had wanted to deal with the hassle and stress of management. So we all got what we wanted - it just that the individual in question wanted something different.
td, very kind of you, but there's a difference between choices we make and being chosen from a lot of talent in the pack.

I was not chosen ... I'd say for good enough reasons ... for the flag rank track. He done good at the chosen profession. (As have many others who also didn't get stars ...)

Back on topic, it is nice to see that the occasional hardware fix is still acceptable. There's not always "an app for that!"