PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will in never end? Vertical Scope hacking.
Old 14th Jul 2016, 13:26
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Will in never end? Vertical Scope hacking.

Drowning in BS from road tax issues - two cars needing ages of phone time to sort road tax, masses of other @$^@$ and then I see a warning from these folk who I've never heard of.
Notice of Data Breach

You may have heard reports recently about a security issue involving VerticalScope. We would like to make sure you have the facts about what happened, what information was involved, and the steps we are taking to help protect you. VerticalScope owns and operates a number of community websites. You are receiving this email because you are a registered user of the following community website(s) involved in the data breach:
Tech Support Forum | Experts Online now for FREE Support!
Cadillac Owners and Enthusiasts Forum Homepage - Over 130,000 Members
DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
ViperAlley.Com - Dodge Viper Forum - SRT Viper
AVSForum.com - Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Mercedes-Benz Forum

What Happened?

On June 13, 2016, we became aware that February 2016 data stolen from VerticalScope was being made available online.

What Information Was Involved?

Community member usernames, email addresses, hashed passwords, community userIDS, community website, and the IP address the username originally registered with.
What We Are Doing etc., etc. And what I should do. Oh, @#$%#$ Will I fit that in after car maintainence, plumbing, doing woman's work, spending time on JB (which I'm not willing to stop doing ) or just ignore it.