PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solent Collaborative Airspace Trial
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2016, 09:59
destinationsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hobbit1983
Where do you draw the line? Should all non-radio aircraft be banned, then? I don't deny that a basic service can be a bonus; however sometimes there is simply nothing wrong with not talking to anyone in Class G.

By your logic, we should all be getting a Deconfliction service, all the time. Safer, right?
That is not my logic at all. My logic is that if you can talk to someone when operating near to CAS then why wouldn't you and you have not given me a good reason? I know that you don't have to but by obtaining a service you are not only giving yourself an extra safety margin you are also alerting others to your presence. Not everyone will be talking to an ATC unit but you are still increasing your aural visibility and helping the controllers by creating a known traffic environment.

Non radio aircraft or non transponding aircraft should not be banned but if your aeroplane is fitted with the equipment then use it!?

Talking to an ATC unit does not increase the workload in the cockpit and will also give you extra peace of mind in the event of loss or confusion of position (which are 2 of the main reasons for infringements)

You clearly don't agree with me but I again pose the question - if you have a radio and a transponder, why wouldn't you use them?!