PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2016, 23:41
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would expect not all HCAP members are happy with the situation. I'd also suggests those involved in the original decision to make the award are trying to find a way out of the sticky situation they now find themselves in. Once you have honey or jam on you fingers, how do you get it off without causing a bigger mess or much embarrassment?

When you compare the two letters from HCAP to TCT there is a huge back down in the second letter compared to the original letter.

Having said that as a non HCAP member I think the most Honourable thing to do would be not to make any award to TCT.

Has anyone bothered to verify exactly how much TCT did
in raising awareness of science and technology in general, and aviation in particular, amongst young women across the world
Perhaps these claims are also a fabrication?

Disclaimer:
I have no association with HCAP (GAPAN et al). In fact I always seen them as an organisation looking for a cause to support. In other words have wondered what exactly the need for their existence was. If they'd been successful in their original aims as listed on their website there'd be no need for the likes of IALPA and other pilot support organisations etc.