PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2016, 11:07
chicka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mn64
Thank you chicka! How about the layovers when flying these aircraft, and what was your routine generally like each roster? How often were you doing trips? Sorry for the questions, I am just so interested!
Thanks ok 😊 The slip time was great but they have shortened them in the past year or so, roughly 35-60hrs in LA, 24-48hrs in HongKong, 48-72hrs in Johanesburg, 48hrs Santiago, 13-48hrs in Singapore, and at the time we were doing londons with 52hrs and Franfurts 64hrs. I always made a point of going out and sight seeing or doing something in each slip port, honestly flying can be quite lonely so you have to be proactive, you need to organise things with your fellow crew and get out and see the city/country you are in. I have lots of favourite things to do and places to eat in each slip port which I miss 😊

as for days off I would have roughly 2-4 days at home before the next trip, sometime up to 8days at home between trips.

On average I was being rosters 2 LA, 2 joburg, 1 London, 1 Frankfurt, a HongKong, or Singapore trip or one we used to call the Singapore shuttle which is a 7 day trip flying back and forth from Perth to Singapore.

It's a great job, one I believe is the best in the world, and you will really love it 😊