PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2016, 09:46
chicka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mn64
Awesome! What did you like about the 747, and not like about the 330?
I hope they have a few 380 spots available, but a few posts seem to suggest that more new hires will be headed to the other two?
I wish we could know how the allocation will go before we accept :P
Congratulations on making the next stage that's awesome 👍😊 my referees still haven't been contacted yet but hopefully by the end of the week 😊

With the aircraft the 747 is fantastic, I love the economy and business class galleys, everything about the aircraft makes sense in relation to the emergency equipment onboard and it's just really nice to work on and there are bunks for crew rest. As for the A330 the layout is terrible the economy galley is always freezing, the business galley is ok, the emergency equipment is all over the place with no logic to it and crew rest is 4 seats.

All the long range flying 12hrs or more is operated by the 747 or A380 and the short range flying 11hrs or less is A330. Also at the end of this year or early next year Qantas is getting 787's which are long range aircraft so it will be interesting to see whether A380 crew get to operate it as well or if they replace the 747's and mainline crew get it.
😊