PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barwon Heads Refuses FunFlight
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2016, 04:29
rs480

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barwon Heads Refuses FunFlight

I have just been advised that Eddie Edwards on behalf of the owners of Barwon Heads Airport has refused to allow the Geelong Aero Club to host FunFlight at the Barwon Heads Airport this year.

FunFlight is purely volunteer-run and established to provide children touched by adversity, with joy and inspiration through the exhilaration of flight.

The Geelong Aero Club has been involved in FunFlight for a number of years with members only too willing to donate their time and the use of their aircraft, but not this year.

I wonder if all the Airport owners were consulted prior to making this decision as there are a number including Edwards that are Geelong Aero Club members.

Edwards and Brooks have decided to punish the Kids because the Geelong Aero Club won’t curtail to their unassociated unreasonable demands.

Edwards also states local politicians (Henderson and Ramsay) have requested the vehicular traffic to the airport from the highway be reduced for safety.

I find this statement strange as the Airport owners received a $651,000 before GST Government Grant (conditional that the Airport is open for Public Use for 5 years) to seal the runway and install a PAL system to allow 24hr 365 day use to expand the aviation business conducted from the Airport and then the local politicians (Henderson and Ramsay) require the vehicular traffic to be reduced????

It’s a sad day in aviation when a charity is refused help because of personal vendettas.