PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Perth Open Day
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2003, 17:23
craic1510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Well as I said I wasn't speaking for myself when I said I was upset! Yeah the recruiters were nice as always, however Danielle was at the assessment day in Sydney and remembered me the moment I walked up to her! I thought oh she's gonna drop me straight away. I didn't even get that far! I am not so sure about an Irish accent though 777 more like english

I realise their recruitment drive is slowing down, however they should have given us in Perth a fair go as in the other cities. It is a tad unfair that we couldn't even get a callback. Some of us waited a long time for them to come round again. To be quite honest I have given up on EK for the time being. It seems I keep running into a brick wall everytime. They don't inform people as they should. We could have saved our time and posted our resumes to them this Saturday!

I am heading to the UK in November in leu of getting a job over there. I have an interview with EasyJet lined up already and have reapplied to Virgin Atlantic after having to turn an interview down in March. Hopefully they will give me a second shot, I have more experience now that before. I sometimes think it might be better to start with the smaller airlines and work my way up, at least that way I have some flight hours behind me.

It seems a long way to go but I feel at the moment the chances of getting a job in Australia is wearing very thin. It seems they are firing more than hiring, or if they are hiring they aren't giving us a fair go.

What else can I say?

craic1510