PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solent Collaborative Airspace Trial
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2016, 20:46
blueandwhite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder how much effect this will have.

Some people will not comply and it seems are reluctant to participate in attempts to reduce infringements. I don't understand why.

Yes the PIC is the only person responsible for an infringement. But if I'm going past a zone with a listening squawk available I will always select it and listen out, even if I don't want a service. If I'm about to infringe I will be very grateful if a controller has time to tell me.

But look at the size of those buffer zones. They are so small you can be through them in moments.

Looking at the statistics of those who infringe. It seems over 99% of people are NOT using GPS. Its not the man in a simple no electrics plane flying for a local bimble. The main infringes are those using maps and/or VOR's or being distracted. I do wish they would at LEAST invest in AND USE some of the excellent and very cheap GPS units that will warn them of infringements. I think thats the way to cut down on infringements.

IMHO every plane should have at least an AWARE unit running and being monitored. (with the possible exception of the farm strippers who are just having a bimble)