PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 11th Jul 2016, 19:40
Julio747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neila83
I'd just ignore slayerdude, the video clearly shows that fire support was not ready and waiting (indeed we know the captain didn't ask for it), and it was not there when the plane stopped. Given that he's lying about this, I wouldn't put any muster in the rest of the veracity of his post. I'm not sure who he thinks he's kidding given the videos are out there. The fire chief said the fire is under control?!. When he was over a minute away from the scene and the wing was already engulfed? Complete nonsense.

Sadly, it seems the propaganda and disinformation campaign has already begun. Zero questions being asked by Singapore journalists, information supressed. Given the track record of cover-ups over incidents, and the silence in this case, I really have to begin questioning whether I want to fly on this airline, which is a shame because it is the best on board experience out there. But there's a limit to how warm a service I want...
Well said! The point about Sully was also invalid.

As I recall, the investigation team ran multiple sim runs to see if any pilot could get the powerless a/c back on a runway (either LGA or TEB). Some (about half) managed it, but it was argued that they knew what was coming and so made the turn immediately. Unrealistic. The point is, Sully's decision to ditch was questioned. And exonerated. Not just accepted because there were no casualties.