PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - employment in mas
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2003, 14:13
jollyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Usman
Please go back to your post of 23 Jul and read the line which you wrote, which I shall repeat once again. It says "If you scrutinise SIA record from 1965(when Singapore breaks off from Malaysia), not a single MALAY pilots were taken in." Those were indisputably your exact words and nowhere does the statement say "Malaysian Malay" which you are now asserting. So who is the tongue twister here? Yes I am Singaporean in SIA but that really is besides the point and quite irrelevant to the truth about SIA's recruitment practise. I shall state once again that we have in our midst a substantial number of Malays who are Muslim from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia as well as Muslims from Africa, the sub-continent, Mid-East, Iran, etc. I will not go into the numbers here as I have neither the time nor the inclination to go through the entire SQ crew list of close to 2000 or so. I myself was recruited in the early 90s and in the courses of my vintage there were Malays of Singapore and Malaysian nationalities in representative numbers in most courses. I can even give you the names of those whom I am acquainted with but I don't see the point as you will just brush it off as fictional or on a technicality like "of turkish descent". By the way the gentleman I refer to on your pm is Malay and not of Turkish descent who happens to still be with SQ.

In any legal process anywhere in the free world, the burden of proof is always on the prosecution, not the defendant who is assumed innocent until proven otherwise. Since you were the one who levelled the accusation at SQ, the burden of proof is on you.

I am sorry to have engaged you, but the sole purpose of my postings were to clear up some of the untruths you seem to have declared confidently as fact. Everything I have said is based on FACT and not conjecture or some contortion of the truth which you seem to be fond of employing. Far from being a defender of SQ, I am apalled in the extreme with the company's opportunistic and predatory HR practises, but that's another story. I say again that all I want is for the truth on this issue to be heard. I will not be commenting further on this issue as I know I have already made my point and I can see you drawing this discussion into the ugly realm of racism, into which you seem to have the ability to draw all threads. The right of reply, of course, is undeniably yours but this will be the last of my postings on this thread.

Last edited by jollyt; 28th Jul 2003 at 15:10.