PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2016, 13:36
Stanwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kghjfg,

My point on the first one is that "updated" (as opposed to 'amended') has become a current, convenient buzz-word used by certain media - an alternative to
admitting that they got things terribly wrong in the first place.
The whole TCT machine's momentum had been built upon the ongoing and grossly deceitful "Solo Aviatrix" message.
Then, when the scam had been rumbled, it was simply a matter of "updating" certain 'barely relevant details'.

The big message was out there, firmly fixed in the gullible public's mind...
"Tracey Curtis-Taylor - Solo Aviatrix"
There we go, "Fait accompli", you see.
Beauty. Let's go have a drink.

I'm really not sure, at the moment, exactly what the Honourable(sic) Company's 'plan B' is.
The last I'd heard was that they'd just moved the goalposts to award her a Master's Medal for "Promoting Women in Aviation" instead, or somesuch.
Well done, chaps ... What a role model you picked.

Cunning artifice, blatant deceit, sucking up to dribbling old fools and a 24/7 PR machine is the way to do it, girls.
What a message!

"TCT has admitted she lied".
Well not that I'd seen or heard anywhere .. Perhaps you know more than me.
The best that I'd noticed were certain relatively recent deletions from and amendments (sorry, 'updates') to the spiel.
That, together with the 'caveat' that she'd plastered over the front page of her website suggesting that there must have been some 'misunderstanding'
over her many-times published and on-the-record "Solo" claims.

The last paragraph of that is enough to make any right-thinking person sick.
In that, she claims that certain nasty people are now claiming that she should have undertaken the venture solo.

Oh, give us a break, Tracey, will you, please?

I'll answer the rest of your questions a bit later, if that's OK - otherwise this post is likely to fall victim to the 'PPRuNe Gremlin'.

Last edited by Stanwell; 11th Jul 2016 at 14:02.