PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Mulls Stretching 777 to Knock Out Airbus A380
Old 11th Jul 2016, 11:47
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
EK does have lots of T7s and they compare poorly in all classes with the 380. But surely EK know that and as a rule the 380s go on higher yield destinations and the T7s dont.

Also some routes carrya large proportion of less well off but less bulky Asian pax who are probably OK with 10 abreast T7s and would nt want to pay any more than they had to for the 380. With Emirate big fleets the horses for courses approach probably works extremely well.

Economics for many others though favour the T7 especially the lower MX costs and the freight capability (one thing I think underestimated by AB when they launched the 380) What I would be interested to see -but am not holdign my breath is the premium pax view on the 380 vs T7 from premium heavy airlines like BA and AF , LH dont have T7s so hard to include them .

The T7-300 is a great efficient machine but havent Boeing learned that things can be stretched too far. 764 753 and 739 either didnt sell well or have other quite serious defects. So to replace the t&-300 it really needs anew aircraft and thats looking some way into the future and they will have to re evaluate the double deck all over again as to get 600 people onto a conventional twin aisle means a time difference between the front and back