PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2016, 10:03
ScotWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi can someone please give me an explanation to what CTC flexicrew is I'm a little confused about it, thanks
So basically, CTC Flexicrew is a system used for low hour pilots to start working with an airline, without the airline needing to take the risk to directly hire you.

After graduating from CTC with your pilots licences, if you are selected to fly for easyJet, for the first year or so, you'll actually be employed by CTC Flexicrew rather than easyJet. You'll be paid by the hour (some rates posted above), and your workload throughout the year will probably be unstable.

After a year has passed as a Flexicrew employee, you are eligible to be offered a full time pilots contract from easyJet themselves, getting paid a salary, and a more stable roster year round.

The system is designed to benefit both parties (in theory), as the airline can pay you when they need you (summer, weekends etc), while you build up hours that are so crucial after graduating from a flight school.

Hope this helps. Happy for anyone to correct what i'm saying if it's not quite right!