PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 11th Jul 2016, 07:18
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by slayerdude
rog.. fire trucks were on local stby.. cos the guys declared single eng apph coming inbound into sin.....where I got my facts will put some people in a difficult position... so once AAIB comes out with report .... it will be available for public viewing... but those are the facts... however what sq had going that morning as you rightly pointed out was the wind....had it been blowing in the opposite direction... the outcome would not have been favorable...
slayerdude

thank you for your info and I have no wish to comprise your provenance of that info - all I can say is yes that will all be a very good read in the report which I await with interest - my only query is that had the crew called on App they were now on one ENG why were the fire trucks not already in position or was the shutdown done shortly before landing and caught them out?

I am fascinated and of course shocked by this incident (I have been in airline Ops on and off ramp and some air safety area work since 1972)

The 1985 MAN 737 incidence with the wind factor there obviously is at everyone's forefront plus a PWA 737 that too burned with similarity

If i had been on board this one i would not have been too happy to be told to stay seated with my seat belt FASTENED (FACT - its on the video commentary) with no EVAC in progress and seeing the LHS is all clear.

I have shown many of my cabin crew and flight deck friends (mostly all old school rather like me LOL) and they are horrified at the videos