PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Mulls Stretching 777 to Knock Out Airbus A380
Old 11th Jul 2016, 05:15
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Sadly, ticket price has become the overriding concern. I was booking a business trip recently and the travel tool wasn't letting me book my preferred flight because it cost $3 more than the lowest price option - seriously, three freeking dollars.
I've never flown Emirates - nor have most of my co-workers. We're allowed business class when traveling overseas, but Emirates Business price was so much higher than the competition that, even going to a meeting in Dubai, the travel tool won't allow Emirates. I've flown on an A380 - business class on Korean from LA to Incheon - and was very impressed. The A380 was noticeably quieter than the 777 that I came back on. In the future, given the option, I'll chose the A380 over a 777 if the price is similar. Problem is the price usually isn't similar.

Bottom line, if operators can fly 500 people on an A380 for 10 cents/mile, or 450 people on a 777 for 9 cents/mile, the 777 wins hands down, comfort be damned.