PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2016, 00:32
chicka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mn64 it is possible to earn between $1800 per fortnight, it depends on the trips you do. For an A380 flight attendant the duty hours for Dallas is 35:50 hrs Dubai is 31:55 and LA is 32:05 so a roster build for A380 would consist of these trips making up 220hrs ( sorry I don't have the flight hours for mainline) So you get your base pay per fortnight which would roughly be $1359 (after tax) whether you fly or not (so if your on reserve and you don't get called out you still get paid your base salary) then if you fly on top you get paid over time, incidental allowances etc. so it is quite possible to earn $1800. I totally understand it's hard to get your head around it, before starting, you will also get a cash allowance when you get to the hotel of each slip port, this is given to you at the time of checking in, this is your meal allowance for your time in the slip port paid in the countrys currency. A lot of crew spend a little of this and save it up the rest and then convert it when the exchange rate is good, this allowance is also tax free. 😊 I hope this helps and Its not to confusing 😊😊😊
Originally Posted by Mn64
Very helpful, thank you!! I have seen earlier comments which suggest that the fortnightly pay would be around $1800 after tax, but that doesn't seem likely?