PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 10th Jul 2016, 20:42
Julio747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
External video

The original external video (the landscape one) has been taken down. No doubt local pressure. (Copies still exist)

I am guessing from a member of ground staff, a local malay-speaking Singaporean (less likely) or a Malaysian (more likely). I can't tell the difference.

Even if you don't understand the Malay, the anxiety in his voice is clear. At one point, he says "they are going further away!", referring the the RFC that (wisely) took the long way around. Later he says "they are already close!" as they arrive. The change in tone is very noticeable at that point.

From the viewpoint he had, he could probably not tell if there was a LHS evac ongoing. He doesn't mention evac at all, as far as I can tell.

But what is clear is the fear and anxiety in his voice during the first minute (he mentions fire at least 5 or 6 times in the first minute).

Ironically, he seems a lot more fearful than many of the passengers. And the fc that seemingly tapped their fingers (or perhaps crossed their fingers) during the first couple of minutes...