PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wg Cdr Arthur Gill, OBE, DFC
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2016, 18:02
NigG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny

With regard to Mt Abu Hill Station being leased, you concluded that this would have been so, as it was post-Independence. No, I think you were on the right track earlier. Wiki explains that the land belonged to the Rajah, being a princely State. So the Brits, not owning the land, had to cough-up in order to take advantage of the cool of the hills and build a Station. The British Resident made Mt Abu his base, very sensibly.

Also, I wrote:

'women now play a full part in the Service. Arthur had rather traditional views on the latter: seeing women as being good in certain roles, such as clerical work. Times change... and sometimes for the better.'

You replied:

'Matter of opinion!'

I thought I was cutting it a bit fine now and again! You, Sir, hold your life cheap! Don't you realise how many women are out there who would part you from your nearest and dearest for saying something only half so deprecating about women-kind? My advice is: keep your online anonymity in-tact... at all costs!

All women who happen to come across this post, please don't get confused. I am the one who thinks women have been under-rated for centuries. Danny is the one who doesn't! (Danny is also a lot more courageous than I am... a quality that's fully counter-balanced by his tendency to chauvinism!)

Last edited by NigG; 11th Jul 2016 at 09:25.