PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Frontier Darwin
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2016, 16:06
PilotFeathers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beans
Yeah mate, by the sounds they are an alright mob to work for nowadays.
Don't believe every old opinion you read
Ahh, I seriously doubt that being the case. Here's a fresh new opinion.

Have never worked for Air Frontier (or should I say "Scare Frontier"), but have had plenty of common comments that have been passed on about the place. Had a few mates doing hangar/office work there for weeks/months and they weren't paid a cent but were always promised they would be each time they brought it up. Eventually left and found jobs elsewhere.

Stick well clear of the Ops manager, been told to at least suck up to him to get by each day a little easier. Also, the owner is hard to get along with which is why most of the guys enjoy their time out remote to be away from all the politics back in Darwin.

If you do find yourself working for Air Frontier. Don't ask too many questions, mind your own business and keep your own nose clean. Be prepared to take a very large pineapple in all sizes, and orientations (yes even sideways). Pilots tend to get straight out of there once they crack the magic hours that they need. Progression is high only because these guys churn through so many pilots each and every year which pretty much sums up the kind of work culture that you'd expect working there.

Cannot confirm this but apparently the maintenance fairly good. Chief Engineer won't release aircraft until he is happy. But I've since heard conflicting stories of typical shortcuts being taken so any guess is as good as mine... take what you make of it. Remember, its GA.

Old CP has left already... Meanwhile the new CP that has been put forward lacks the experience CASA is after so a temporary CP is in place just for now. Also the new CP is quite a young pup, so it'll be interesting to see what he brings to the role and how long he'll last in the position. It could take a few more weeks or even months until he's officially sworn into the role.

All in all, stick well clear. You'll be messed around, given no communication and left feeling like you don't exist. If you've moved to Darwin looking for work then you are already a step ahead of everyone else down south. There are more avenues of opportunity to explore, in places where they actually treat their pilots like human beings. Remember, its all about right time... right place.