PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2016, 16:03
philbky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr A Tis
Are we not just a little carried away here re SIA ? They are only slot applications, and as we know, it is routine for slots to be applied for and never activated.
When it's announced and/or bookable, then we can be assured it will actually operate.
There is no doubt of a need of a more premium trans Atlantic operation from MAN.
There is also no doubt onboard SIA, there is generally a good product,however, from personal experience, ground handling issues are not so. Hence for me, a frequent business class pax, SIA is on my personal no fly list.(But that's another matter)
As SIA are in Star Alliance it would be very puzzling for them to operate any route without the co-operation or co-ordination with their partners.
Since the sale of the SIA share in Virgin, is there an expiry of the current codeshare with them? Surely Virgin must be in line for joining Skyteam now they are alligned with Delta ? The lack of any alliance has been a weakness in the Virgin operation IMHO.
As I have previously mentioned, on SIN-DME-IAH they don't code share to UA's destinations ex IAH nor do they through ticket as the norm