PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 10th Jul 2016, 12:21
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting to note in Jabawocky's video that the aircraft still appears to have electrical power available for cabin info signs and ife systems

Probably powered from the hot battery bus, no engine or APU requirement, any engineers out there?

Regarding the Las Vegas evacuation, judging by the number of pax walking away with their carry-on baggage, just how well controlled was that evacuation? Since the engine catastophically failed the crew were never in any doubt about the seriousness of the event, were they?

Far too many people here ready to ignore all available information and evacuate regardless, thereby possibly increasing the danger to their passengers, even more disturbing is their utter contempt for any one who suggests otherwise, pending examination of the facts. Had the fire breached the cabin then no doubt, the CC would have initiated an evacuation if the captain didn't, as they are trained to do.

For those so ready to condem SQ I suggest you maybe ignoring the other major carriers records;
Lufthansa
British Airways
Air France

Just to name a few, (and two of which are on my 'No Fly' list.)