PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ discriminating against older pilots!
Old 10th Jul 2016, 11:43
Square Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iron Hide,

Your post reminds me of the story of the old bull and the young bull, the one where the young bull wants to race down and cut out one cute cow, and the old one replies that perhaps it be a somewhat better idea to just wander on down and cut them all out.

Thankfully, I have had the advantage of riding on the pig's back. I have flown when aviation was a fantastic job, made a shed load of money, and have never had to be an aviation prostitute - have you?

Not only can I still do profile in my head, I can string sentences together so that they make sense, and I can spell simple words such as 'ridden' and 'ridiculous' without consulting this big ol' book they call a 'dictionary' - you might like to look that one up yourself.

Whilst I would be happy to retire and sit quietly on the riverbank, with the fly rod in one hand and a lovely merlot in the other, I continue to drag my poor sorry backside to work. This is in part to ensure that those impetuous youngins, who can neither spell nor craft a proper sentence, let alone be left in the flight deck unaccompanied, aren't promoted to the left seat before they are capable.

But I suspect you were trolling for a reply such as this and I have thus engaged in your game. With the attitude you portray, well... enjoy your career in the right seat