PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 medical
Thread: Class 1 medical
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2016, 07:16
capricorn744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you again, Cavortingcheetah.
Maybe I was "spoiled" when I first did my Class1 renewal in Singapore just when I turned 60 and the new implemented ICAO rule required a stress ECG once a year, as I was administered that test "in-house". There I was confirmed too that I should have done that again after 12 months (beyond the other routine 6month "normal" check). Few months later, I left the company (not for this "issue" ) and when I started flying again on european airlines, nobody ever talked about during the Class 1 medical checks.
It just changed some months ago, and without any medical reason, I was asked, for the next 6 month visit, that test done outside that AeMC. The thing that confuses me is that, as I mentioned earlier, the local AeMC, approved by the NAA, should have, as minimum equipment, the stress ECG machine together with appropriate personnel able to administer the test in safety. So, that's why I wonder why not "in-house"?
Thank you for the UK CAA link in this topic, it brings me out of confusion.
Anyway, the date for tha "external" test will be on 20th this month...if I survive, I'll left you know...
Bye and thank you for now.