PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2016, 06:11
alfred_the_great

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
There is Alfred, it has happened before where engineers were interviewed in relation to a crash ( in the US I think ) and on the basis of their testament, some of them were prosecuted, some if I remember over issues that arose but were unrelated.....
You cannot run an accident enquiry and expect people to give evidence to assist in determining the root cause of an accident, if that information will be used to prosecute those giving it...
It will never happen again, indeed there is a culture forming now where people will simply refuse to give evidence and the possibility from that will arise that the true cause of an accident may not be found and others may die needlessly as a result.
I'm sorry, but a pilot can't just walk away from an accident that may have been caused from his faults and simply say 'flight safety, can't hold me responsible'.

I am willing to admit there may be a series of holes lining up, but the pilot cannot simply be absolved. And if others involved in flight safety are willing to risk other peoples' lives because they are unable or unwilling to defend their decisions, then I suggest they need to stop being involved in flying operations.