PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines "evacuation"
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2016, 05:14
The The

Received 38 Likes on 11 Posts
If this is actually true, I find it amazing that some posters would have had the RFS turned out & a full cabin preparation done prior to the landing. It also is a good lesson in waiting for all the facts before forming a definite position on what should or should not have been done.
Yep! I would have done that. A pan call which will activate on site emergency services. Better to have them there ready than later wishing you'd given them notice. Give me a single reason why it would not be prudent to have airport emergency services alerted and ready?

As far as the cabin. I would not be giving brace commands, but would certainly brief the crew on exactly the situation (engine problem/failure, returning to land in x minutes, emergency services standing by, may stop on runway or just off, may end up in alert/emergency phase). I would also brief the passengers.

I would be closely monitoring the engine indications (if not completely shutdown) and also fuel burn/qty to determine if possible fuel leak.

I find it amazing that anyone would not do that!