PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2016, 21:43
Jetblu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone can be forgiven by getting sucked-in to her deceit. That's the way she portrayed it. One journalist might get it slightly mixed up. The second may get it slightly wrong, but over 15 from all parts of the world? I think not.

She, and her PR team were clearly sailing very close to the wind at that juncture. The second that she realised that she was rumbled, it was in my submission that the entire matter quite dramatically moved to a different area when the deceit was known and the scurrying around was visual to all by burying the deceit.

FL disagrees with me, but I would expect him to anyway, but I still genuinely believe the 'specimen' has much merit.

From post # 658 "The submission could quite easily be between Dec 13 - to on or about 3rd July, dishonestly and intending to make a gain for herself or another, or expose another to risk of loss by way of false representation, which she knew might not be true and/or misleading, namely that she flew 'solo' and 'alone' in breach of section 1/2 of the Fraud Act 2006.

She was even interviewed by Pilot Magazine by way of Question and Answer in October 2015. It was very clear even then that they also genuinely believed, like HCAP, that the flight was solo mirroring Amy Johnson.

Extract,

If you hadn’t been flying solo, who would have been your ideal co-pilot?

Although this was primarily a solo flight, certainly at the outset, I often took members of the crew and sponsors with me in the Stearman for reasons of expediency or indeed just so that they could share the experience. I did one flight with Bill Sykes, a retired air force pilot and local historian, who was based in Bulawayo and we tried to find the site where Lady Heath crash landed in 1928.

Link https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...Cnk-vp_ErV00vw