PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2016, 19:45
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Grande Dame Finale

The Flight of the Pheonix springs to mind.

She plans to plod around the after dinner circuit for years peddling Walter Mitty tales.

The HCAP does not emerge from this well despite the excellent defence from Flying Lawyer.

The letter below quite clearly grants her the Masters Medal on the basis she undertook the UK to Sydney flight in the Spirit of Artifice alone. This was written in January before this thread started to unravel the real story.

Her publicity stunt was based on a woman pilot flying long distance alone or solo in a restored biplane.
(given the new definition of sole pilot I am no longer sure where that fits?)

Her tag was commerating Amy Johnson and Lady Mary Heath who both flew historic solo flights.

Hence the Bird in a Biplane website. Tracey Curtis Taylor - Aviatrix, Adventurer, Inspirational Speaker

The result was massive publicity with female solo pilot in headlines and stories.

However once the truth started to emerge damage limitation clicked in not least with HCAP.

Her Masters Medal is no longer being awarded for the reasons in this letter.

It is now for "promoting women in aviation" which is a paradox as she had an airline pilot with thousands of hours in the front seat. He also is the registered owner of "her" aircraft.

As my old helicopter flying friend Duncan always reminds...."I rest my case"

If you are concerned about the address being visible in the letter above it is the registered office of Bird in Biplane Ltd. UK registered company information is available online hence https://www.endole.co.uk/company/077...iplane-limited

Last edited by IBobi; 18th Oct 2016 at 02:04. Reason: legal