PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerospace Degrees
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2003, 08:00
ATPMBA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis:

I would be interested in such a thing. I have looked up on the web for an undergraduate degree (Bachelor in Science) in mechanical engineering and have basically found nothing (in the US). Everything out there requires you to be a fulltime student for four years.

My interests are heavily into helicopters, aerodynamics, performance, flight testing.

National Test Pilots School offers a Masters in Flight test. It’s my understanding these courses are short but they are spread over one year. You actually share the classroom with the guys or maybe a gal who are taking the Test Pilot flight program. This is probably a good setup as one could learn from classroom discussions and war stories.
I have been tempted to call them to see if they could off the course via distance learning.

Thinking out of the box, perhaps you could offer a distance learning degree program. It sounds like you have the background and a big plus is the Phd. You could set it up and I’m sure getting some kind of accreditation would be easy in the US, perhaps harder in the UK. You would be in a good position to offer an engineering degree concentrated heavily in aeronautics and aerospace. Send me a private message if you would like to discuss it further.