PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2016, 13:09
Jetblu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Lawyer

"Tell me what you think you can see and I'll tell you whether or not you are correct."

I am correct. In admission by your own words, which I will come onto in a minute.

First, it must be said that you are a much respected, likeable, honourable and genuine gentleman with huge amounts of integrity. Myself, like you have a foot in two camps, so, it will be true to say this is a difficult one for you to balance here. For that reason, I'm not going to push too hard other than to say that, I know, that you know, that this TCT debacle regarding the HCAP Masters Medal is very very wrong and unjust. In fact, it is totally unbelievable, and I doubt would be believed if it wasn't to be seen here.

No, I don't believe for one minute that you wrote that piece. I know that you would have said so if you did. I guessed that it was written by a rather enthusiastic member of HCAP [or potential member] doing 'his bit' in this embarrassing and deceitful charade.

Moving on to the interesting parts....

You said..

"He has accurately, and very briefly, summarised the lecture given by TCT."

You was there, I wasn't. She is entitled to say what she wants while being accurately recorded, but, and there is a big but, once we go Honourable and to publication. Some people will genuinely believe her story by the very nature of it appearing in your company magazine. 'Due diligence'?

"If you had ""read the article with an open mind"", you would have noticed that he has not lauded her"..

Yes, and I think a similar statement should have accompanied THAT piece, to save HCAP's integrity.

"anyone attending the lecture (who didn't already know the truth) would have left thinking that she'd flown the Stearman solo to Australia - with a 'chase aircraft' following her simply to record the flight.

It's called facilitating the deceit. Of course, one can argue and play the dumb card, but by the very nature of the HCAP membership, I don't believe anyone will readily admit to that.

And here we are today with members outside HCAP with jaws wide open in total disbelief. You couldn't make it up.

I don't take much notice when she refers to the Stearman as 'my/mine' Generally, most woman refer to what belongs to others as 'theirs' and what belongs to them as their own. [speaking from personal experience]

It is very very clear that the deceit is now getting white-washed while the spin doctors behind the scenes are carefully playing with the words. My submission is that whilst others may believe this is now getting played down and will be forgotten, I genuinely believe that it is now more serious than ever for HCAP. She has not done anything credible at all, and has now unfortunately brought adverse attention and publicity to HCAP.