PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2016, 10:26
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had typed a great response then Pprune lost the page when I tried to post it, here we go again....

I don't know what JetBlu thought JetBlu saw.

I don't know who the author is, or might be better known as.

Maybe, just maybe, JetBlu thinks that as Flying Lawyer describes the Author as having joined pprune 16 years ago and Flying Lawyer joined in 2000, well maybe JetBlu is joining up the dots.

Flying Lawyer's third person description of the author might actually have led JetBlu to think that Flying Lawyer is indeed the author. Flying Lawyer has not said that he isn't.

Sometimes, when it looks like a Duck, and sounds like a Duck, and walks like a Duck, it might actually be a Grebe.

Now, I'm not saying that Flying Lawyer did write the article, I'm not saying that I think he did. I'm saying that I think that JetBlu thinks flying Lawyer wrote is and tried to get some distance from it, and lend it credibility to it by describing the author in the third person.

This bit got missed off from my original re-type.

In the magazine, the byline for the article is Paul Smiddy, the magazine editor. So... if my theory is correct, then JetBlu's (imagined by me) theory is wrong.

Last edited by airpolice; 9th Jul 2016 at 10:33. Reason: I had forgotten to re-type the important bit!