PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 9th Jul 2016, 09:35
henra

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by fox niner
Dammit Jabawocky,

That is a superb video. Unbelievably shocking. And yes, the most shocking part is the absence of an evacuation command.
Where is SQ with a comment on this incident? I certainly don't expect the local journo's in Singapore to dare ask some difficult questions regarding this.
Indeed!
On the other hand personally I don't need an explanation from them. One more Airline on my personal 'Avoid' list. Bit of a shame but in situations like these the true nature comes through.
No one will ever know how close that wing tanks came to exploding. And it will always remain a mystery how any one here can assume the guys on the flight deck had any information that gave them a clear indication there was no risk for overpressure and explosive rupture of the wing tanks. Had the latter occurred we would have had>200 bodies charred beyond recognition. Taking this gamble in order to avoid some minor scratches from evacuating... Unbelievable.