PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's make charter sales easier for everybody.
Old 9th Jul 2016, 09:22
Vic77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avinode model is dying

Originally Posted by Marc M
Hello everybody,

I hope I'm writing this on the right forum, otherwise, please excuse me.

I'm a software engineer that has been working in the industry for several years now. I have built all kinds of tools to help pilots, operators and sales people to make their daily work faster and more efficiently.

I have spent also quite an amount of time integrating software with Avinode, which I always felt it was one of the weakest points in the sales process, with a lot of room for improvement or if I may say it, revolution. Unfortunately, they are almost a monopoly, and their steps are small.

I really believe that with the right technology, some effort, and a bit of help, its possible to build a very serious competitor to Avinode.

I would really love to hear your thoughts on this idea.

Thanks for reading!
Avinode's business model is not positioned for the future. We all know that eventually this type of service will be offered for free, with revenue being obtained theough advertisements.
Avinode's major flaw is that it limits bookings and access to pertinent information simply because many operators and brokers do not use the platform - too expensive. The industry wants a platform in which every pertinent player can participate and this will only happen with a free service. It's 2016, there is no reason why the charter industry has to accept this limited platform that's not all inclusive. Avinode will not survive the eventual move towards a free service from a major competitor, and users of Avinide should start seeking out what comes after their eventual collapse. My bet is that by 2019 Avinode will be irrelevant.