PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New cost cuts for Qantas
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2003, 06:33
Patriot One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know what is really disappointing here is that about 90% of the replies dont even address the bigger issue of the discussion but moreover focus on a single comment.

Whether you believe it or not QF's International operation has kept them alive and profitable. Sure there was a downturn because of Global events, and they had the subsequent balance of a collapsed Ansett to re-deploy that capacity. Worked out for them - no brilliant strategy, just a beautiful (tragic) coincidence. Start thinking in years and not months or the conversation goes nowhere.

Regarding RB - I find it extraordinary that you simply do not understand this man's professional reputation. On the eve of the SQ bailout of Virgin Atlantic they were about to miss a $U400million debt payment - SQ's purcahse of 49% saved VA from administration. RB is a clever bastard - he gets out intact and leaves the companies he runs in a mess. This is not my opinion this is fact - read financial industry commentary on him. Further, VA was unprofitable for te first 10 years of its life and he used the record label revenues to bail it out. This is a clever con man, but nothing more.

I don't understand half the people on this site. You're here to comment and talk and discuss, and yet the moment someone raises a topic that you're ignorant on you just get insulting. Why don't you just go out and get better read so you actually contribute to a discussion....there is a bigger world outside of the confines of a cockpit.