PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Breaking into Biz Jet Flying
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2016, 22:03
FoxtrotGolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breaking into Biz Jet Flying

Dear PPRuNe-ers,

I am currently part way through an integrated ATPL course. As I'm sure many of you know, the drive of such courses tends to be towards an eventual career in the airlines. I have recently become much more aware of the possibility of corporate aviation and was hoping for some information/advice. I am just coming to the end of the ground school phase so still have some time to go before starting a job (wherever that may be) but would like to be as clued up to my different options as possible.

So here goes with some questions:

I have spoken to a few people who have suggested corporate jobs are much more word-of-mouth and being in the right place at the right time. Is there anything I can do while training to start talking to companies? (Even just to get my name heard).

How do type ratings tend to work for biz jets?

How does pay work? Are most people contracted with a charter company or getting paid per flight?

Answers to these questions and any other info that springs to mind would be gratefully received.

I apologise if perhaps this should be in one of the Wannabes forums but threads there seem to get crowded easily and I was hoping for word 'from the horses mouth' as it were.

Many thanks,

FoxtrotGolf