PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2016, 21:26
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
What puzzles me is that despite the widespread publicity regarding TCT ,and what we all must agree was a well funded PR con trick, there is the desire to indulge her especially in the higher eschelons of society.

The Cobham lecture must really have been a farce if the assembled members were happy to listen to her without question.

There were certainly many I would have asked had I been there.

My impression is all her so called voyages were well funded high society publicity tricks.

The elite end of the flying community, who have often in the past seen these sort of headline generating trips as a passage of rite,have closed ranks now to defend her charade.

Never mind moving the goal posts...if HCAP give her a Masters Medal they have moved the entire playing field.

As an aside her publicity machine takes on an almost Monty Python dimension when you read this..

The Cobham Lecture - Worshipful Company of Air Pilots
Tuesday 26th April 2016
The annual Cobham lecture hosted by the Worshipful Company of Air Pilots was held this year at the Royal Aeronautical Society. The speaker was Tracy Curtis-Taylor who flew her bi-plane, the Spirit of Artemis in the footsteps of Amy Johnson from England to Australia. It was a fascinating evening. Tracey had already flown the length of Africa and was about to set off for America to fly the famous mail routes. She braved everything that weather can throw at a pilot, hard landings, flip-overs and local bureaucracy as she navigated over 10,000 miles flying for hours each day often at no more than 500 feet. An incredible story illustrated by stunning images of her plane over the desert, the jungle and flying past the dramatic shape of Uluru in Australia which we grew up to call Ayers Rock.

A great occasion and rounded off with a chance to meet the other guests and the speaker at a drinks reception.
After a few of the free drinks I reckon my questions to the speaker would have me slung out on my ear down the back steps.

The above from the Worshipful Company Of Tobacco Pipe Makers and Tobacco Blenders.

I could not believe we have such an anachronism in the 21st century dedicated to giving us lung cancer.

The Cobham Lecture - Worshipful Company of Air Pilots | Chris Allen 2015 | Masters Blog | The Worshipful Company of Tobacco Pipe Makers and Tobacco Blenders

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 9th Jul 2016 at 06:56.