PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian VS Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2016, 16:56
november.sierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all the bad press Norwegian has been getting lately, I think the tide is about to turn: UK based pilots got a decent CLA through BALPA, Spanish based pilots just achieved SEPLA recognition and K-area staffing levels will be increased with 50 full time positions in Scandinavia before the end of the year subject to MSL in return for reinstating Annex E of the CLA.

Slowly, small improvements are coming, such as bidding for nightstop preferences close to home, there are a number of command courses planned on both short and long haul. These are small improvements I know, but at least it is steady progress. Disappointing however, is the fact that the pilots are blamed for the current mess, which is clearly caused by a lack of forward planning and questionable decisions being taken by upper management for perceived short term gain with no appreciation of the long term effects.

Having said all that, I believe that management has now realised and understood the magnitude of the current crew shortage and are making an effort to make it right. This won't happen over night of course, but it's a step in the right direction at least!