PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots threaten to strike over fatigue concerns - Telegraph
Old 8th Jul 2016, 13:09
Trossie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread appears to have split into two groups: detached people pontificating and people actually doing it commenting on reality (like the last four posters).

Hmmm, Perhaps I am being naive, (or have misunderstood the post), but I don't know why Trossie is being aggressive towards someone who purports to want to expose the issues?
What I think is 'not on' is someone from a state sponsored media agency trying 'dig up the dirt' on an airline safety matter elsewhere when the state that is sponsoring that media outlet has had an appalling airline safety record itself. I would put it on an equivalent of a correspondent from the South African Broadcasting Corporation (and someone has posted a South African connection) trying to 'dig up the dirt' on a road safety issue in Britain with SA having its utterly appalling road safety record.

Back to the topic. The only people who can put things right are those who are getting pushed to being fatigued. The best that any unions can do is back up anyone who feels threatened when those people do put in reports. (Unite appears to be a union that has done everyone a huge disservice by falling for the EU's propaganda on this matter.) What we don't need is some journo using this to cause the travelling public to be whipped up into a fear of using the safest form of transport that exists.