PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duxford Flying Legends 2016 ticketing
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2016, 09:18
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I see tickets are still available for tomorrow, so no postal distribution, it seems to be done by e-mail. I wonder if you will be able to book "on the day" by phone from outside the gates.

I also discovered that, after all the panoply about needing a separate car park ticket, that these are actually free.

It looks like there has been a bit of thought given to the process, but the way the information is disseminated is the issue. It says there will be an email, but not lucidly whether you can show your phone or whether you must print it out - because buried in the FAQ it states that entrance tickets CAN be on your phone but you CAN'T park unless you have printed out the car parking bit, which seems decidedly un-joined up. Some people will have a printer readily to hand, others not. These sorts of things should be explicitly stated and not buried away pages down the website.

BBC weather currently saying showers Saturday am, cloudy pm (no indication of cloud base), Sunday cloudy am, part sunny pm.

Meanwhile large temporary road signs have gone up as far away as the M25 stating "Duxford Airshow advance tickets only".

Last edited by WHBM; 8th Jul 2016 at 09:28.