PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2016, 22:46
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course it is pleasing to think that a group of people unit to offer an award for accomplishment. I'm certain that is entirely good will, and with promotion of aviation at the heart. Such an award is, in my opinion, something like a very formal and public compliment. You gotta like a compliment, the good will which originates it.

When I have received compliments, I have appreciated every one. That said, some had more meaning to me than others. I have found that a quiet compliment about my flying around the campfire at a fly in camp has meant more to me than a much more formal award. That value of the "compliment" to me was based upon the person/entity offering it to me, and who were other recipients. All are good, some more good than others.

I accept FL's information that the HCAP spans continents with good will toward aviators. Being a backwoods flier, who only rarely enters controlled airspace, some of these refined elements of aviation have passed me by un-noticed. I hope that the HCAP affirms/asserts their standards, so as to maintain the good public image of the good that they do, by assuring that their awards are presented to truly worthy recipients.

In the same spirit, I hope that TCT affirms her sense of honour by only accepting awards which she knows in her heart are truly earned with honour similar to those fine aviators who are previous recipients - that is how she can best honour them.