PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Roadshow coming to town...JULY
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2016, 22:32
Captain Dart

Location: with the other ex-CX pond scum (a zoologist was once head of Flight Ops)
Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
Yes, I grew up with Coon brand cheese also. The brand was named after its American creator, E.W. Coon (yes, that was his name) and has been marketed as such in Australia for decades. shortly is as transparent as a five-year-old with his last post. If this individual really is operating in the cockpit of a wide-bodied jet, then 'god help us'.

More of a worry is the constriction being placed on CX because of the limitations of its hub. Even yesterday I read of the Chinese having a bad dream and closing an airway in the South China Sea affecting HKG flights. HKIA is becoming untenable as a hub with airspace congestion, weather, ATC issues and now problems with its Communist masters closing airspace. The airline will one day be going nowhere, and promotion will stop.

I understand that there will be five runways at the new Jebel Ali airport in Dubai. Emirates alone will end up with hundreds of shiny A380s, among other types. OK, there is the occasional night India turnaround they do, but there is more chance of piloting a shiny A380 into Heathrow as much as a clapped-out CX A330 into Manila on a split duty.

Worth thinking about.