PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2016, 18:38
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
India Four Two
If you had read post 50 you would not have needed to scratch your head.
I find it anachronistic that a professional aviation organization models itself on a medieval guild
Our founders made that decision in 1929.(As did the founders of the Master Mariners three years earlier.) I understand the reason for their decision and see no good reason to depart from it, not least because IMHO what matters is that our activities have continued to keep pace with the fast-changing world of aviation.
The meetings to which I referred in my previous post were not to discuss medieval guilds, nor what is often described as 'the Golden Age of aviation' during which we were founded, but issues that currently affect pilots and issues that will arise in the foreseeable future. (I had similar meetings with equivalent bodies in Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong.)

I don't understand what you mean about our "headquarters address". Our (only) office occupies part of an office building named by its owners in memory of the late Sir Alan Cobham, a distinguished and intrepid aviation pioneer.
Nor am I sure what you mean about "dinners in fancy dress." I explained the occasions when some members wear our 'livery' in post 50. Perhaps you regard 'black tie' as fancy dress? We hold two formal 'black tie' events each year. That is the common dress code for the annual dinners of many associations and clubs in the UK.
We decided upon 'white tie' to celebrate a very special milestone in our history: HM The Queen bestowed Honourable Company status upon us. We are the second of only two livery companies ever to receive that honour.
Are we proud of it? Yes, very.
Was the white tie banquet fun? Yes, great fun. http://www.pprune.org/military-aviat...ir-pilots.html

Jetblu
You have misinterpreted my comment "Dream on."
I don't share your view regarding the legal aspect.

deefer dog
Your "wine and brandy" theory is wrong.
The rationale for the award to TCT has already been posted.
I readily understand the opinions expressed.

(Edit)

Genghis
I suspect you have misunderstood Jay Sata's point about TCT and Ewald Gritsch obtaining their FAA private pilots licences at the same time and place.

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 7th Jul 2016 at 19:15.