PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2016, 15:49
deefer dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We in this industry/sport know the truth. Many of those who read the recent newspaper article may have good reason to doubt the validity of the award also. Certainly there are many within the HCAP, and let's face it the LAA also, who may feel uncomfortable about the accolades their organisations have bestowed upon Tracey Curtis-Taylor, and it's probably fair to say that quite a large number of their members feel that the situation should be rectified.

Will the awards be retracted? I think not. Do I really care that much? It's a shame, but there are much bigger injustices taking place around us, and many of those result in loss of life or freedom.

The HCAP has lost a degree of its credibility, and the Master's Medal has been devalued greatly. Tracey Curtis-Taylor will suck up the award on the due date, just as she has the publicity while her "hand was held" by an instructor as she flew from here to there with an entourage of bag carriers and a film crew. She did so with an embellished CV and had the audacity to give motivational speeches in front of a backdrop stating that she had been "alone in a bi-plane." Clearly she has more front than Sainsbury's, and little respect of the truth. If I were Amy Johnson and heard that TCT had been following in my footsteps, or emulating one of my "solo" flights, I would be turning in my grave.

That's the way I see it anyway. Justice would be watching TCT choke on the medal, but other than that I really don't see much point in blaming the HCAP members. They didn't give the award. Let them deal with the person who did, and maybe he will come to his senses.

That's me done on the subject, so over and out!

Last edited by deefer dog; 7th Jul 2016 at 17:33. Reason: added comma, added word