PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots threaten to strike over fatigue concerns - Telegraph
Old 7th Jul 2016, 15:28
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was 'in the game' from 1980 until recently. FTL's in 4 different regimes before JAR. The arguments I read on hear about:
limits being targets, lack of common sense in rostering, vicious attitude by management, treatment of humans as machines, the manipulation of FTL's to suit the range of a/c, the manipulation of FTL's to suit the schedules of the expanding LoCo's, the lack of sympathy/understanding of management to the differences in individuals (owls & larks), the constant discussion about tiredness v fatigue and how you can not be fatigued because it's legal, how pilots are their own worst enemies in not saying no to stupid rosters, etc. etc.
It's like I went to sleep in the 80's & 90's and woke up last week listening to the same stories as if nothing had changed. Oh, and then I found out things had indeed become worse. Where the heck have the unions been all that missing time? When a strike happens on these issues it is too late. The pax have become used to the situation. They think that if they can be up and on time at 03.45 then so can the pilot. Daft, but true.

Last edited by RAT 5; 7th Jul 2016 at 16:40.