PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA staff walkout @ LHR
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2003, 03:35
TURIN

Received 226 Likes on 125 Posts
PERCYDRAGON

"I have to say I got a bad case of Deja Vue last night when that black guy was standing there talking to the TV cameras and spouting on about ACAS 'negoatiating with all parties'. I thought all that stuff had gone way back in the 70s. ACAS? It's obviously one of thos lovely safe Government set-ups that exists to perpetuate its own existence. Wonder what that costs us all."

"that black guy"!!!!!
Do you mean Sir Bill Morris one of the most tolerant and respected TU negotiaters this country has ever seen?

Oh but HE can't be doing anything good for the country can he, He's sshh "a black guy"!!!!!

ACAS has been working in the background on low and high profile cases for years and thank goodnes they do or we would have a damn site more wildcat strikes on our hands.

But don't you worry I'm sure more industrial unrest coupled with redundancies and longer dole ques will be much, much cheaper to us all than a fraction of your tax bill on ACAS. ( To be honest I don't know who funds ACAS but I am convinced they do a fine and important job)

You don't read the Daily Liar (sorry Mail) do you?

Ryanair, Easyjet, longhaul? Don't think so. They may grab all the domestic and European routes but I think BMI amd Virgin are more likely to take the big stuff. Lets face it that is where BA have made money not shorthaul.