PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2016, 13:29
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by deefer dog
Jetblu,

No problem at all. Yes, it's a tremendous shame, and although they are not likely to admit it there certainly will have been a great deal of consternation among the HCAP membership.

Personally I think it is a large blot on their copybook, and I wonder if the committee that considered TCT's award were concentrating more on the consumption of wine and brandy, or were affected by it, rather than carrying out a modicum of due diligence. I wonder also what previous recipients of this now greatly devalued award may be thinking.

On the plus side perhaps one day Tracey Curtis-Taylor may find herself standing in front of a gold backdrop, much like Tony Blair did yesterday, with a quivering voice and choking back tears, after he had been judged. Let us hope.
Whilst you may not know better, that belittling of the Trophies and Awards Committee is both inaccurate and abusive in tone.

The Masters Medal is solely the prerogative of the Master and is decided by him or her alone. The previous and latest recipients are indicative of the high standards applied: that this one instance has undermined the norm is a reflection on both the recipient and the past Master, not the HCAP nor the T&A committee.