PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hung Parliament - lost opportunity for reform?
Old 7th Jul 2016, 00:59
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
via Ixixly:
IFEZ, you can't possibly deny Climate Change can you? There's billions of years of Earths History where it has constantly changed, it's always changing! The "Mini Ice Age" they're talking about drew my attention as well, but have a bit more of a read and they're saying that it simply means a small decline in temperature, not that the world is going to Ice over, it really is a poor name, but certainly a catchy headline. Experts suggest it will cause warming to slow down but not to reverse and it will only last maybe 20 years before going back to how it is now.

I don't like Al Gore, I hate the "Global Warming" hype, but there is definitely Climate Change, we are having an affect on it for sure, I personally believe the world is far more complicated that a lot of people choose to believe, it has many different processes that help balance it out when events happen such as too much carbon, so much of it we're only barely beginning to understand which is why I hate all the models that people put out which cannot possibly be correct as they're based only on what we currently understand which is so damned little!

In short, we do need to give businesses a good reason (A financial reason unfortunately) to convince them to reduce their impact, otherwise they won't, simple as that. Only way to really get businesses to do what is good for everyone else is to eat away at their bottom line in some way.

In a perfect world you should just be able to tell them "Hey, you're polluting the world, you should spend a little to help clean up after yourself..." but you can't, instead we have to go with the "Hey, you're polluting so we're going to tax you more, but if you take actions to reduce your impact we'll reduce the amount you'll be taxed by a greater amount than what you spent"
"...and they're saying"

I've been commenting on the global warming nonsense for going on ten years now. Apart from pprune i've been on political forums, science forums, weather forums, environment forums, and sundry other forums.

One thing I noted a few years back that whenever the fact were mentioned that the sun has been more active in the last 25 odd years then it had been for the last several hundred years, it were made out to be irrelevant by the global warming nutters. Now the suns gone quiet and things are cooling down, suddenly, "experts suggest".....

"...give business a good reason"

errr... Ixixly, yer do understand that in Australia most business normally only survives because there are customers. Of course if yer in governmint service or one of them perpetual student protester/dole bludger types that fact would probably escape you..

If Australian citizens are buying products from any particular business then those citizens (voters) have made their "what is good for everyone" voter minds up..