PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots threaten to strike over fatigue concerns - Telegraph
Old 6th Jul 2016, 19:17
Pakehaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stiglet,not sure what you do,but when you say it's a "serious issue" and "needs to be addressed",we've been addressing this issue for decades.Let me be the bearer of bad news,it's addressed by airlines and governing bodies who look at legalities,and what they can get away with,please don't sugarcoat it.

Your sentiments are in the right place,no doubt,I could post numerous rosters and pairings that are legal but very very stupid in there design.It satisfys companies from a "legal" point,it does not satisfy how we humans operate at various times.Easy to say it needs to addressed,the point is, it's not!!

Nothing personal mate,but you will find on this board many posters that fly grueling schedules,been there,done that.You talk of mgt and the public finding out about these practices ,REALLY??, the airlines have been exposed for years about scheduling issues,the result,Part 117 in the US.What a cockup that is.They say they care,but we know what pax and mgt want,we are not always in that equation hence the type of schedules one has to fly.

Personally,I've never favored strikes action,you generally lose more than you'll ever gain,but sometimes,you gotta give it a try,if the general consensus believe it's the only way to achieve an outcome,.....good luck to them...