PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 6th Jul 2016, 18:20
Julio747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, I don't agree we need more info...

Welcome to the age of mobile phones with video cameras, and the internet, ladies and gentlemen.

I for one need no more facts to decide that the flight crew screwed up on this one. The screamingly obvious is staring us in the face...

The silence from SQ is equally as obvious. They are also aware the captain made a bad call. So staying stumm. I hope he has a good pension plan.

I feel sorry for him. Evac evac would be a blameless call. The wing was on fire after all. But...

The real issue here is about Singapore culture, and at the heart, the education system. They pat themselves on the back for getting some of the best exam results in Asia.. But this is achieved through rote learning and following the model answer. None of them are encouraged to think for themselves. They tend to rely on others.

****, the wing is on fire. But help is on its way. Let's trust in them... Luckily it turned out well. But probably not for the poor captain.